POCSO CommitteeA committee was constituted for redressing the complaints for sexual harassment under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act-2012.
The committee constitutes the following members :-
|Name of the members
|Ms. Tanuja Pokhariyal
|Ms. Swati Pandey
|Mr. Deepak Joshi
|Ms. Deepika Negi
|Ms. Divya Painuli
|Ms. Sapana Rawat
|Ms. Roopali Singh
- To offer protection to children ( individuals below the age of 18) from sexual violence , namely sexual assault , sexual harassment and the inclusion of children in pornography.
- To provide a comprehensive legislation to safeguard the interest of a child at every stage – reporting , recording of evidence , investigation and trial of offences.
- It aims at providing relief and rehabilitation as soon as the complaint is made to the Special Juvenile Police Unit.
- It stipulates special courts for the arrangements of sexual crimes committed against children with speedy disposal of cases.
- It fulfils with mandatory obligations of India as a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.