POCSO CommitteeA committee was constituted for redressing the complaints for sexual harassment under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act-2012.
The committee constitutes the following members :-
|S.No.||Name of the members||Designation|
|1||Ms. Tanuja Pokhariyal||Principal|
|2||Ms. Swati Pandey||Vice Principal|
|3||Mr. Deepak Joshi||Teacher|
|4||Ms. Deepika Negi||Teacher|
|5||Ms. Divya Painuli||Teacher|
|6||Ms. Sapana Rawat||Teacher|
|7||Ms. Roopali Singh||Teacher|
- To offer protection to children ( individuals below the age of 18) from sexual violence , namely sexual assault , sexual harassment and the inclusion of children in pornography.
- To provide a comprehensive legislation to safeguard the interest of a child at every stage – reporting , recording of evidence , investigation and trial of offences.
- It aims at providing relief and rehabilitation as soon as the complaint is made to the Special Juvenile Police Unit.
- It stipulates special courts for the arrangements of sexual crimes committed against children with speedy disposal of cases.
- It fulfils with mandatory obligations of India as a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.