A committee was constituted for redressing the complaints for sexual harassment under the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) Act-2013.
The committee constitutes the following members :-
||Name of the Members
||Dr. Tanuja Pokhariyal
||Head of the committee
||Ms. Anjana Raturi
||Ms. Laxmi Negi
||Mr. Akshay Kumar Singh
||Ms. Niharika Rawat
||Ms. Munni Chamola
||Ms. Shikha Bhandari
||Ms. Geeta Negi
- Unwelcome sexually determined behavior (Whatever directly or by implication)
- Physical contact and advances, demand or request for sexual favours.
- Sexually covered remarks showing pornography.
- Any other unwelcome physical or non-verbal contact of sexual nature.
- In case a woman employee, including a contract woman employee, is being sexually harassed by a co-employee, she can address the complaint in writing in confidence to the chairperson giving the name of witnesses, if possible . Chairperson will take necessary discreet enquiries and if she feels that there is a prima facie case to be fully investigated, she will call a meeting of Complaints Committee.
- Complaints Committee will investigate the complaint thoroughly and may call witnesses in written or oral submissions before arriving at a conclusion. Decision will be in writing and shall give reasons for its conclusions and forward the same to chief Executive of the organization/ Principal and necessary disciplinary action will be taken against the delinquent employee.
- The whole procedure will be completed in 15 days of the receipt of the complaint.
- In case any woman employee tries to adjust personal core due to ulterior reasons in the grab of sexual harassment, this will be treated as major misconduct and disciplinary action can be taken against such a lady employee.
- Sexual harassment of women employees is a major misconduct as per the service conditions applicable to the employees for which appropriate disciplinary action, including dismissal can be imposed.
- In case such behavior falls under criminal law, the employer shall make a criminal complaint to the police at the request of the affected woman employee and render all such necessary help.